Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Nervous breakdown

After three years of working two jobs non-stop, I had a nervous breakdown. I only showered once a week or once every two weeks. I didn't wash my clothes. I lost 60 pounds in a few months. I started calling out from work everyday. It got to the point were my supervisor told me I couldn't miss any more days.

My Mom showed up at my house one morning and told me she was taking me to the hospital. We went and I confessed to the doctor that I wanted to die. I was admitted into the psych ward at the hospital. I stayed there for a week.

During the hospital stay I participated in a lot of activities and met a lot of interesting people. After I was released I returned home to Philadelphia. The man I was seeing told me he didn't want someone in his life who was depressed. He told me never to contact him again. My best friend was angry with me because I had lied to her about my condition. I broke it off with her because I felt like my condition was too much for her to handle. I miss her to this day.

While I was in the hospital I called my Aunt and asked if I could come live with her and my uncle. She said I could. A month later I moved to Boston. It was hard to leave Philly behind. I had so many experiences there and did a lot of growing up there. I had met a lot of people and I loved the kids at my school. The hardest thing I ever did was walk away from my career. I just got up and left.

No comments: